0

Post Surgery: Day 27

Posted by staxtics on 19:00
Here is comes, almost a month post surgery! Since there isn't really much to say, I shall just make it short and sweet.

The swelling on my face has either completely or 90% faded away. As for food, I'm able to eat almost everything save crunchy or any that are too hard to chew, I had been eating much harder foods the past few days such as brownies, sausages and chicken rice (glad to finally eat rice once again) and didn't experience any problems chewing on them. I'm still anticipating the sensation to return on my gums and part of my lips which takes about 2-3 months according to my doctor.

I had another appointment with Dr. Danny today and it was a thorough one, had an oral cleaning and those rubber bands were back on each side of my jaw (not again...). I was supposed to have the plastic plates on my upper teeth removed but it broke in half last Friday while having my dinner and luckily, my mum was able to assist me in removing the hooks on them otherwise I would have to spend a hundred bucks at A&E. The rubber bands gave me irritation but thankfully it didn't affect my eating habits. I have also been informed by him that in two weeks time, the metal plates at my bottom teeth will be removed and be prepared for the pain that is about to come (oh crickey!).

I'm really glad that I'm finally able to almost eat anything as it was tormenting to stay away from so many of my favourite dishes and snacks, my lifestyle is back to normal I can say.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Life is "Wow" and "Ouch" All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.