0

Food Review: Best truffle fries?

Posted by staxtics on 11:46

After hearing so many positive reviews about the truffles fries at Au Chocolat from my friends, I decided to make the trip with Sandra to give it a shot.

Ay Chocolat is located at a corner of Marina Bay Sands and is divided into two sections: a retail confectionery store selling snacks, such as cakes, cupcakes, and merchandise. The other half is a bistro which has a dining menu. We didn't try the snacks as our main goal is to taste the truffle fries and not them. As it was a weekend, there was a short queue and it took us approximately 10 minutes to get a table (Guess everyone crazy over the truffle fries :P). 

The menu has a huge variety of main courses, side courses and desserts and the Au Chocolat Tower Cake ($18) looked appealing but like what I mentioned, we were only dining in for the truffle fries and the others can wait. The truffle fries serving was generous and good for a serving of two, it's crispy and drizzled with white truffle oil and seasoned with truffle sea salt. It was so good that I had to convince myself to eat slowly to savior the taste, the truffle aroma that hit me when the fries were served couldn't get off my mind and made me carve for more of those. It came with BBQ sauce and mayonnaise but I didn't really dip them because in my honest opinion, the sauce ruins the marvelous taste.  

Though the price lies on the higher side but reasonable ($15), it is definitely worth to give it a try and in the near future, I will return to Au Chocolat not only for them but for the main courses too. After eating those, I just don't have the mood to eat McDonald's fries anymore *chuckles*.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Life is "Wow" and "Ouch" All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.