0

Post surgery: Day 12

Posted by staxtics on 20:24
It's almost 2 weeks since I underwent surgery and recovery has been going well. The swelling has gradually reduced and it should take at least a few days to a week more till it fully goes away according to my surgeon.

I had another appointment with Dr. Danny in the morning today to get my stitches and rubber bands removed. The nervousness of getting my stitches removed came to me when I entered his room as I've read up from some other bloggers online the night before that removing the stitches hurt. First, he removed the remaining rubber bands and did the usual oral cleaning before taking the scissors to remove the stitches *panicked!!!*, I was so nervous that I tensed my body as I could feel him removing them and to my surprise the pain wasn't that bad as expected, just felt like an ant bite (guess it was due to the result of him doing it slowly and gently as said by him :P). Once everything was done, he said that he would be removing the plastic plates on my upper teeth on the next appointment which will be 2 weeks later and being a hungry soul for harder food, I asked him if I'm able to eat a larger range of foods and his response was noodles, fish and pasta. (Yay not too bad, but I still miss my chicken rice and steak!!!)

Now that those rubber bands are gone, I'm finally able to move my freely and had a mini celebration rewarding myself with a Sundae from Baskin Robins (yummilicious!). I'm also finally able to chew in the middle rather than the side which I had been doing for years prior to the surgery, it felt a little odd but guess that's how it goes for natural human instinct *khekhekhe*.

I'm really glad that everything has been going well and that I didn't experience any problems so far.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 Life is "Wow" and "Ouch" All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.